Valentine

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lucky You

Balance -- this is my new motto. I need to keep balance in my life. With starting my stamping business a few years back, I started to only stamp when I was designing a project for others to make in a class. That IS fun, and I really do enjoy designing cards. However, I have found that I don't get to really "play" all that much when I am only prepping for class projects.

To counteract this, I vowed last year to participate more in other demonstrators' card classes. It was the best thing I did! Not only do I get to play (without all the prep work, I might add), I also get to experiment with designs that I would never ever come up with on my own.  And, I gotta say, these designs are so much fun!


How stinkin' cute is this???

Annette designed this card for our monthly stamp club that met a couple Saturday mornings ago. Lots of punching -- look at all those wonderful hearts! We ran some paper through a dry emboss folder before punching out some hearts -- clever huh?

And I can't wait for Saturday, February 12th -- my other good friend, Virginia will be demonstrating for our monthly stamp club. I can't wait to see her design! Watch for the post -- I promise to have it up by the end of the weekend.


Have you joined a stamp club yet? If not, I encourage you to do so! It is so nice to have stamping time scheduled into your calendar on a regular basis. We make a commitment to spend 2 hours a month together and we have so much fun! 


Another great opportunity: Annette and Virginia joined my downline a few years back. We are officially known as the Paper Art Muses -- and we are always looking for stampers who would like to join our team! We get together on a regular basis to share ideas with one another. And we plan joint events (like our Shoebox Swap events that we have had -- see previous posts for the great cards that come out of those events). 


These women have become more than just "downline" -- they have become dear friends who share in our passion for stamping! And this year's goal is to tackle the new world of digital scrapbooking! Stampin' Up has a whole line of digital art that mirrors their rubber stamp art! And it is my task to learn the program so that I can share it with the team. (I love to scrapbook, so this task was truly a way to squeeze in some scrapbooking time! heehee). 


We would love to have you join us! Visit my SU Website to shoot me an email -- 
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a beautiful day....
~Lisa

2 comments:

  1. This card is great! Nice job Annette. I didn't know your group had chosen a name - I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I agree completely, I do enjoy our stamp club meetings, we have so much fun with all the ladies who are there! It is something I look forward to every month!! You ladies are truly dear friends!!

    I am honored that you posted the card I designed!
    I can't wait to see what Virginia has planned for our next meeting!! She is creating a "WOW" project for us!!

    ReplyDelete