Valentine

Monday, October 8, 2012

Champagne Christmas


The new champagne glitter paper from Stampin' Up is beautiful! I love it!

To make this card, I used two layers of Whisper White card stock to create the 3-D effect for the ornament. These are layered on top of the glitter paper, which then sits on top of a Cherry Cobbler card base.

To create the 3-D effect for the ornament (hopefully you can see that it is not actually a flat image), I used the negative of a cut image. (Rather than using the cut out of the ornament, I actually used the surrounding part of the paper that is left once you pull the cut image out of the way -- use the cut ornament on another project, or use it inside the card for a fun surprise!) The trick is to center the cut out so that it lands where you need it to land on the card. I used dimensionals to pop that top layer up a bit.  The bottom layer of Whisper White was dry-embossed with a criss-cross pattern using my wonderful scoring tool with the diagonal insert.  I enhanced the look with some of my Stickles.  The trick with this bottom layer is to make sure it is cut smaller than the top layer, ensuring that it's edges don't poke out on the sides.  The final touch on the Whisper White image was to use my paper piercing tool, using the template that matches our ornament framelits! All the coordinating tools make this card so incredibly easy to make!

Have fun trying this out on your own cards! You can make so many great looks using the negative of your punched paper -- use the punched image on one project and the leftover piece on a second project!

Thanks for stopping by! I am looking forward to sharing more Christmas cards over the next several weeks. I just love stamping this time of year.

Happy Stamping!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment