Valentine

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ribbon Heart

Another card using the negative of a cut-out!

To create the top layer of this card, I used the Whisper White CS and cut out a large heart (using the Sizzix Framelits from Stampin' Up). I saved the cut heart for another project, and then ran the left over Whisper White CS with the heart removed through my Sizzix using the polka-dot embossing folder.

The next layer below was a square that is cut slightly smaller than the polka-dot top-layer. I wrapped ribbon strips (coordinating the colors) on that second layer. This is a great use for your small left-over pieces of ribbon. When adhering the top layer to the ribbon layer, be sure to use strong adhesive -- I used glue dots. You want to make sure the top layer is securing attached.

This "sandwich" is then adhered to a black base (I love how a black frame helps the top layer POP off the card). All of these layers were then adhered to a white card base.(You could just use the black layer as the card base if you like -- the added layer did make this card rather heavy!)

Come back in a couple of days to see how I used the heart cut-out that wasn't used in this card. It made for a very simple, quick card

Happy Stamping!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment