Valentine

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Paper Roses

Another blast from the past. I found another post that never got published. This was supposed to be published in April 2010. Well -- lucky you -- you get to see it now. :-)

My fellow stamping sister, Julie (SimiStamper), who is part of our CSL group (Crazy Stamping Ladies), is just so incredibly creative! You have to check out her blog! This woman has SO much talent!! She has a wonderful tutorial posted for creating paper roses. Here is my first attempt at making a card with her paper roses:


Here is a close-up of these roses -- We use the large flower punch to create them.



You can find Julie's Tutorial here:
http://simistamper.blogspot.com/2010/02/instructions-for-paper-rose.html

I used her recipe for the roses (Orchid Opulence Paper sponged all-over with Rich Razzleberry, with the edges sponged in Orchid Opulence). The Trellis (Stampin' Up/Sizzix Bigz Die) is made using Pretty in Pink paper. The leaves are in Always Artichoke, punched with the Bird Punch (I just used the branch portion of the punched image). The card base is Confetti White (one of my favorites). I then added 1/2 pearls from the Pretties Kit (these are the largest of three sizes you receive in the kit). And then added the white ribbon. I didn't add a sentiment just yet, as I still am not sure who I will send this card to... But I think I will only add a sentiment to the inside of the card (I just don't want to clutter up the front).

I hope you enjoy the card! Thank you for stopping by today!
Happy Stamping!
~Lisa

1 comment: