Valentine

Saturday, December 31, 2011

. . . In case you missed it -- Part 2

You can't have Valentine's Day without a little *bling* -- This card sparkles in real life. Some of it comes through on this photo. To get this effect we used the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing folder (see page 219 in the annual Idea Book and Catalog) and then we hit the tops of the embossed image with the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details that Stampin' Up will have available in the upcoming Occasions mini catty. (The card stock used on this card is Cherry Cobbler, then I used Blushing Bride for the punched Lace Ribbon Border behind the sentiment. We cut the lace border horizontally so that we could use it for the top and the bottom of the sentiment -- just cut the lace in half (horizontally) and adhere to the edges of the sentiment tag!  The sentiment is from the Hand-Penned Holidays set which is in the soon-to-be-gone Holiday mini catalog (it will be gone come Jan 3rd). Some of my guests chose to use different sentiments, thus changing the card from a Valentine's Day card to a birthday card, to a thinking of you card.


The third card we made was a bit non-traditional for Valentine's Day -- afterall, it is blue. But I wanted to do something completely different from the other two. For one thing, I wanted to create a card that did not use my beloved Sizzix machine. Not all my customers have the Sizzix machine, nor are they ready to purchase one (but I'm working on that). So I wanted to create a card that used punches instead.

See that large blossom? That is the lovely newest punch that will be available in the Occasions Mini. Just when I thought I didn't need "one more flower punch" -- HA! This one has such a delicate blossom shape. I love, love, love it! I can't wait to use it more! And the ribbon that we used is from the Holiday Mini, so if you want some of that beautiful cream velvet ribbon, better not wait too much longer! It will be going away come January 3rd.

I hope that you enjoy these two cards. My next stamp camp will be a 8x8 calendar -- I need to get creating! I am not exactly sure how this will develop, but I need 12 designs by next Friday! HeeHeeHee. I'll get there... I have a few more days without work. :-)

Thanks for stopping by today. It might be a few days before you hear from me again.

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe that today is the last day of 2011...
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment