Valentine

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Cards

Father's Day sure snuck up on me this year. There has been a lot going on around our house (thus, no posts for over two months -- yikes!). Apparently teenage children need taxi-cab service all-the-time! And the two kids are never traveling in the same direction. But more on that later...  Here are the two father's day cards that I made this year.

I wish I had a close-up for you but my camera was not cooperating! I think it was the paper I was using; I kept getting a horrible glare in my photo.

To create this look I started with SU's Glossy White paper (LOVE IT!). I then started playing around with some (uh-hum) alcohol inks that are out there with a blending solution. I stamped a couple of images on the paper and smeared them a bit (see the anchor). I embossed both the ship and sentiment in black and then the  world image in gold (only on the card on the black frame). I do love this new stamp set from Stampin' Up -- it is called The Open Sea and it can be found in our current Summer Mini (see link on the right hand side of this page).

The card with the grommet and brads was for my dear husband -- the one who just doesn't "get-it" when I spend a ton of time creating a card. However, he actually said that he really liked the hardware on this card. He really is a hardware kind of guy. He either really liked these elements or he was being very kind, finding something nice to say about my work (and for those of you who know my husband, he isn't one to say something that wasn't true just to be kind -- LOL). 

The card that is on the black frame was for my father. Poor man is getting his card in the next couple of days because I only mailed it this morning. I made the card on Saturday (again, due to everything that has been going on) and mailed it today. I did call Dad to let him know that it is on its way. He will very much appreciate a home-made card. My Dad IS a man who appreciates home-made items more than store-bought. He likes the fact that so much individualized attention goes into the creation. He has been that way since I was a kid. I hope that he likes it enough to forgive me for the lateness of the card. (I blamed it on my mother -- she is ALWAYS late in mailing out birthday cards -- so I will say that it is a hereditary lateness!) Dad laughed at that one and said he will be sure to share my theory with Mom. She will laugh! (At least I hope she will!)

I hope all of you enjoyed your Father's Day weekend with family and loved ones!

Thanks for stopping in today. Maybe I will be able to post a bit more frequently now that it is summertime!

1 comment: