Valentine

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summertime Strawberries!

Summer is here -- and my favorite, favorite thing about summer is STRAWBERRIES! Oh-yum! We have the best strawberries near by. A near-by city is famous for their strawberries. And so in honor of my favorite summertime fruit, I made the following card-fronts (for an online card swap that I am participating in).  The idea is NOT my own -- thank you Maureen, the Crazy Stamping Lady herself, for this oh-so-fun idea!






The base of the strawberry is the SU Embosslit Scalloped Heart. I love the little dimples in the heart -- they look just like the seeds on a strawberry. You then use the 5-petal flower punch for the large leaves (cut off two petals), and the branch from the Build-A-Bird punch. Finally, the white flower is from the Boho Blossoms punch and the yellow center is the Itty Bitty Flower punch. Cute - cute - cute! Just one of benefits of being part of the CSLs -- Maureen shares wonderful project ideas at each of our monthly downline meetings! 


The card-swap that I am participating in calls for 10 card-fronts. So 10 there are! They get mailed in to a SU Demonstrator that graciously coordinated a mail-in card-swap!  I will mail these to her this week and she will then mail me 10 others in exchange. I have no idea what I will receive, or who they will come from! We were asked to place our contact information on the back of the card, so I hope to meet some new online friends through this activity. Very fun! I can't wait to see the ideas -- they are due to be in shortly after July 1st.  I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy the sunshine!
~Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on these cards Lisa - and thanks for you king words :) ~The Crazy Stamping Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are even better in person! :> Hi Lisa; I am Bev and I was in this swap too. I loved your cute card....MAHvalous darlin..... I look forward to more swaps with you! Oh and great idea Maureen. :>

    ReplyDelete