Maureen Rauchfuss has nominated me, along with my sister stampers, for the Stylish Blogger Award. How very sweet!!! So I guess I probably should add a few current posts, huh? LOL
As part of this honor, I am to write 8 Random Things about me.... Here I go:
(1) I currently have a cold and so I am home for the day rather than at work. This has made it a bit easier to add a current post. (Unfortunately, I can't breathe well.) I so wish that I took more time to stamp and blog; I seem to fill my down-time with mindless Facebook games!!! No bueno!
(2) I don't get to stamp as often as I would like. Truth-be-told, when I DO have some time to stamp, I usually begin the process by cleaning my stamp area, or re-organizing my supplies and stamps. I am not quite certain why I start this way -- maybe I just need to touch everything before I am inspired to create anything.
(3) I have been married for 18 years to a wonderful, patient man who loves me for who I am, faults and all. And I can't imagine that I'm all that easy to live with. He and I "balance" each other very nicely actually -- he is very practical and I am very optimistic and "dreamy". He procrastinates and I nag... hehehehee.
(4) I have two teenage children -- again, thank goodness for some balance in the marriage! I tend to over-indulge my kids, but as far as I am concerned, they ARE my kids!! We are going through those rough teenage kids, and yes, times can be tough. Yet my kids are good-hearted, loving kids. I know we are going to see great things come from these kids of ours. We certainly raised independent, strong-willed individuals! (My daughter currently would like her belly-button pierced, so I'm kind of questioning that independent thinker in her.... LOL.)
(5) I have been so incredibly blessed to have wonderful people placed into my life -- my Lord and Savior has strategically dropped people into my life (since I was a child); people who have shaped me into who I am today. I keep toying with the idea of devoting a blog post to these people, something like a chronicle of the path laid before me that led me to become a true Christian. Come back and check on me.... I really am considering this!
(6) The friends that I stamp with have brightened my life in so so many ways! There have been some moments that I wish I could just pull the covers up over my head and hide (see #4 above --- heehee). My stamping friends, God bless them, have consistently pulled me out of these funks -- we laugh and laugh while we make whatever it is we are making. I am convinced that stamping, although it is important, it is secondary to our events!!! THANK YOU!!!
(7) I was born and raised in Ventura County, and there I continue to live. We have a little bit of paradise going on here (I mean, come on -- January 31 and it is 72 degrees and sunny!! Can't beat that!). I can't imagine living anywhere else.
(8) Finally, I always wanted to become a writer. One of these days (again, see #5 above) I really would like to write. I have a few things to say -- I just am afraid that I won't do it justice. My next project that I have tumbling around in my mind is a journal creation. And this journal will be the start of my writing!!!
Now, I get to nominate a Stylish Blogger -- and I have to nominate two women who I admire so much. These two women, whom I have never met, and they won't even know my name, are the most courageous women facing difficulties I cannot even imagine. They are such a blessing, I am sure, to many many readers -- I truly hope that they remain strong in their relationship with our Lord, and I pray that they find happiness and comfort this year.
Paper Pleasing Ideas
Amazing Paper Grace
Thanks for stopping by today. And thank you Maureen for bestowing such a kind honor!